Storware vProtect is an enterprise backup solution for Open Virtual Machine environments such as KVM, Redhat Virtualization/Ovirt, Citrix Xen Server, Xen, Nutanix, Oracle VM, and Proxmox.
vProtect enables VM-level data protection and can function as a standalone solution or integrate with enterprise backup software.
vProtect provides a wide range of features to extend data protection capabilities for the above advanced virtualization platforms.
- VM-level, agent-less backup – full and incremental (available for Citrix/RHV/oVirt/Nutanix)
- Quiesced/application-consistent snapshots (available for Citrix/RHV/oVirt/Nutanix)
- Support for multiple virtualization platforms including: support for libvirt hypervisors (KVM, PowerKVM, KVM for IBM z, Xen), Citrix XenServer, RHV/oVirt, Proxmox, Nutanix Acropolis AHV and Oracle VM environments
- Backups performed in a hypervisor-native formats
- Prioritized backup
- Customizable pre/post snapshot actions executed remotely on VM
- VM disk exclusion
- VM auto-grouping based on regular based on regular expressions and tags (Citrix/RHV/oVirt)
- Easy file-level restore using mountable backups
- Data deduplication with Virtual Data Optimizer VDO
- Data encryption for file system, Amazon S3 and Azure backup providers
- Multiple backup providers supported, including: IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM), Dell-EMC Networker, Veritas NetBackup, Amazon S3, Azure Blob Storage, OpenStack Swift, Catalogic DPX or any mounted file-system
- Multi-node architecture for better scalability or geographically dispersed environments
- Manage vProtect with a brand new, modern HTML5 AngularJS based Web UI
- Open API for 3rd party software integration (REST API) as well as command line